Designer, Demonstrator and Teacher of Decorative Painting and Crafts. Have taught and demonstrated on local, national and international levels. Coordinated, designed and taught manufacturer’s workshops at Trade Shows. Design in a range of media including, but not limited to: paint, clay, jewelry, paper, calligraphy, DIY and basic crafts. Have a strong interest in international painting and crafts. Have studied with German, Austrian, Dutch, British and Russian teachers in their native countries.
Demonstrated for: Plaid, Delta, Amaco, Fiskars, Mark Richards, McGill, Kelly’s Crafts, American Traditional Stencils, I Love to Create, Aleene’s, Jacquard, Eagle Brush, Crayola, Sargent Arts, The Stencil Collection, Atelier de Paris
Demonstrated at: HIA, ACCI, CHA, HIA Euro, SDP National Conventions, HOOT, NY State Fair, Ohio State Fair, Scrapfest @ Mall of America, Distributors and Retail stores.
Teaching experience: Lived in Germany for two years and taught students from the international community there. Taught children and adults in a retail store in Mumbai, India. And Japanese students in my home studio. Taught Adult Continuing Education classes for many years. Have taught students from ages 2 to 92 in a variety of programs in the US and abroad.
Have taught at: HIA, ACCI, CHA, HIA Euro, SDP National Conventions, HOOT Conventions, New England Traditions Convention, SDP chapters, Distributors,Retail stores, Elementary Schools, Senior Centers, Continuing Education classes, Scout events, elementary school Colonial Days
Certifications: I hold industry certifications in several areas (I guess that makes me certifiable)! :o)
- Certified Craft Designer (CCD)
- Certified Professional Demonstrator (CPD)
- Certified Professional Teacher of Crafts (CPT)
- Tombow Techniques Certified
- Designer Member of AFCI , serve as the Committee Lead for the AFCI Designers Directory
- Society of Decorative Painters
- Hudson Valley Tole and Decorative Painters Chapter of SDP
- “Outstanding instructor”-Marie McGraw
- “Patt Bell was well prepared, organized and patient.”-Jennifer Hawkins
- “Always well prepared.”Jackie Ketchel
- “I learned so much, and it was fun.”-Joan Lipscomb
- “She made it seem so easy.”-Deb Kean
- “This is the way classes should be run!”-Wendy Hart
- “Patt Bell’s Strokework class was great!”-Mary Ann Richards